Family Law

Excellence. Approachability. Integrity.

D'Angelo Lawyers

Family Lawyers

Separation is a challenging time for you and your family. We understand these challenges and will handle your case with care and professionalism.

At D’Angelo Lawyers, we understand that going through separation or divorce is an emotional and challenging time. Tending to lengthy and complicated paperwork is often the last thing anyone feels like doing during such an emotionally upsetting time.

Our family law services help take care of your separation’s legal matters, so you can focus on what matters most, your family.

D'Angelo Lawyers Adelaide full service legal

Contact D’Angelo Lawyers today

Make an Appointment

When and how do I start the process of hiring a family lawyer?

We recommend that you start the process of finding a family lawyer as soon as you and your partner have decided that separation is highly likely. It’s important to gain clarity on your rights and entitlements early in the process and to get the support you need to handle the legal issues  surrounding your separation. Start the process by calling our office to book an appointment with one of our experienced legal professionals on (08) 8373 3363.


My partner has already issued proceedings, what should I do?

If your partner or spouse has issued proceedings from the Federal Circuit Court of Australia or Family Court of Australia, contact a lawyer immediately. You will need to respond to these proceedings as soon as possible, strict time frames will apply.

D’Angelo Lawyers will take care of your case with integrity and care. Contact us today to book your appointment.

Family Law Services in Adelaide

Our services help you resolve issues pertaining to your separation, children, and property.

  • Children: where your children will live, how they will be cared for or how their time will be spent.
  • Property: who will continue to live in the family home or agreeing on a decision to sell the property; how the family savings and superannuation will be divided; how household items, like furniture and cars, will be divided and who will take ownership of your family debt.
  • Spousal maintenance and child support: if one party has a lesser income, they may be entitled to spousal maintenance payments and/or child support.

Depending on your circumstances, you might proceed with one of the following options:

  • Family Dispute Resolution/Mediation
  • Consent Orders
  • Issuing Court Proceedings
  • Referral for relationship counselling if necessary

To find out more about your options, contact D’Angelo Lawyers who will help you handle all legal matters surrounding your separation.

Q: Can I withhold my children from my abusive partner?

A: If you believe that handing your children over to your partner will cause them harm, you may be able to do so.

Q: Can i change the locks on my house?

A: Yes, we would also recommend filing for a property settlement at the same time.

Q: How can I protect the money in my bank account or offset account?

A: You will need to either withdraw the money yourself and put it into a safe account only you have access to, or you will need to request that the bank only transfer money with your permission.

Children's issues

For most families going through a separation or divorce, children are the number one priority.

Learn More

Grandparents' Rights

Divorce & Separation is also a challenging time for the grandparents in the family.

Learn More


Going through a divorce is an incredibly emotional time filled with uncertainty and anxiety

Learn More

Property Settlement

D’Angelo Lawyers will assist you with dividing your assets and debts through a negotiated agreement

Learn More

Book Your Appointment today

Make an Appointment