Adam began working as D’Angelo Lawyers’ Senior Lawyer/Counsel in 2018, after obtaining valuable experience as a Civil and Commercial lawyer with a number of highly regarded International, National and South Australian law firms since his admission to practise law in 2002.
Adam has provided legal advice and assistance to individuals; small, medium and large corporate entities; and government departments/entities. Adam has significant dispute resolution, litigation and complex claims management experience – having advised upon, settled, prosecuted and defended hundreds of civil disputes. Adam also has extensive commercial law experience and regularly provides legal advice and assistance concerning business and general commercial issues to clients of D’Angelo Lawyers.
Adam provides clear, strategic and commercially sensible legal advice and assistance. Adam understands that very few (if any) individuals and businesses enjoy spending funds on legal fees, and accordingly provides advice to facilitate commercially sensible outcomes – including by using dispute resolution techniques (such as private settlement conferences, and mediation, for example) to avoid civil disputes becoming unnecessarily prolonged and/or costly.
Main areas of practice:
- Advising upon, negotiating and settling civil disputes, including but not limited to attending mediation and settlement conferences;
- Commercial/company/corporate law;
- Debt recovery;
- Contract law;
- Consumer law/trade practices;
- Building and construction law;
- Bankruptcy and insolvency law (including, but not limited to, directors’ duties);
- Intellectual property law;
- Immigration law;
- Wills and Estates Law;
- Employment law; and
- Advising and acting as Counsel (and instructing solicitor to Senior Counsel) at appeals, trials, injunction applications and interlocutory arguments.
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Economics (Honours)
- Law Society of South Australia
- Migration Institute of Australia